Frequently Asked Questions

The Wellington ICT Graduate School – meeting your real-world career needs

Book an Advice Session

How do I enrol in one of the WICTGS programmes?

You apply directly through Victoria University Enrolments Office. International students must apply via Victoria International. You can apply for the Master of Information Technology through Whitireia or WelTec and the PGDipICT and PGCertICT through Whitireia.

How long are the programmes?

Our conversion Master programmes are one full year in duration (three consecutive trimesters over 12 months). The Master of Information Technology is 18-months full-time study. PGDipCT is completed in 12 months (2 consecutive semesters) and PGCertICT is completed in 17 weeks. Part time options are available for PGDipICT and PGCertICT.

What do I need to apply?

For all programmes you can expect to provide a CV, Certified Academic Transcripts and a statement of intent.

The Master of Design Technology also requires a portfolio or showreel of design work. Additionally, 2019 applicants can expect an interview process along with an essay outlining their capstone proposal.

Please see entry requirements listed under each programme of study.

I'm an International student - How do I apply?

International students should contact Victoria International, Whitireia or WelTec to find out about admission, applying to study, and visa requirements.

Victoria University postgraduate English language requirements, as follows:

  • IELTS overall band of 6.5 with no sub-score below 6.0, or
  • TOEFL 90 Internet-Based Test (IBT) with a minimum of 20 in writing, or
  • Pearson Test of English score of 65 with a Communicative score of not less than 58, or two ratings of 5 and two ratings of 4 in Victoria University of Wellington’s English Proficiency Programme.

Whitireia and Weltec require all international students to have an IELTS 6.5 (no band lower than 6.0) or equivalent.

Will my degree be from WICTGS?

Depending on your programme of study, you will receive a degree from either Victoria University of Wellington, Whitireia or WelTec.

Can I study part-time?

Our programmes offer an intensive, full time experience studying alongside a dedicated cohort. Part time options are available for the PGDipICT and PGCertICT programmes only.

What support is there for Māori and Pacific students?

We work closely with student support services, Māori at Victoria and Pasifika at Victoria at Victoria University of Wellington to provide a welcoming and supportive environment for Māori and Pacific students. Whitireia offers support through the Pacific Community Liaison Team and Te Ariki Wi Neera for Māori students. WelTec has the Pasifika Student Support and Māori Student Support

Wellington ICT Graduate School announces two full tuition scholarships for Māori and Pasifika students for 2019.  Two full domestic tuition fees and $5,000 living allowance (supported by ANZ).

Are there any Scholarships I can apply for?

Currently, the Wellington ICT Graduate School has two fully funded scholarships for Maori/Pasifika students in 2019.

However, we actively post all applicable funding opportunities via our news blog and social media channels. Be sure to follow our feeds to stay up-to-date.

Victoria University offer scholarships at postgraduate level based on a variety of criteria, check here to find out more.

Wellington ICT Graduate School programmes are also eligible for Study Link.

What are the fees and who do I pay?

All fees are set by the respective tertiary organisation. All fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change each year.

For 2019 these are estimated below in NZD:

MSwDev – 180 points
Domestic: $13,275
International: $52,516

MUXD – 180 points
Domestic: $13,275
International: $52,516

MBusAn – 180 points
Domestic: $24,118
International: $41,727

MDT – 180 points
Domestic: $13,275
International: $52,516

MIT – 180 points
Domestic: $12,355
International: $31,500

PGDipICT – 120 points
Domestic: $8,137

PGCertICT – 60 points
Domestic: $4,067

Victoria University students pay a Student Services Levy and Student Assistance Levy.