Our conversion Master programmes are one full year in duration (three consecutive trimesters over 12 months). The Master of Information Technology is 18-months full-time study. PGDipCT is completed in 12 months (2 consecutive semesters) and PGCertICT is completed in 17 weeks. Part time options are available for PGDipICT and PGCertICT.
For all programmes you can expect to provide a CV, Certified Academic Transcripts and a statement of intent. The MDT also require a portfolio or showreel of design work. Please see entry requirements listed under each programme of study.
Victoria University postgraduate English language requirements, as follows:
- IELTS overall band of 6.5 with no sub-score below 6.0, or
- TOEFL 90 Internet-Based Test (IBT) with a minimum of 20 in writing, or
- Pearson Test of English score of 65 with a Communicative score of not less than 58, or two ratings of 5 and two ratings of 4 in Victoria University of Wellington’s English Proficiency Programme.
Whitireia and Weltec require all international students to have an IELTS 6.5 (no band lower than 6.0) or equivalent.
Depending on your programme of study, you will receive a degree from either Victoria University of Wellington, Whitireia or WelTec.
Our programmes offer an intensive, full time experience studying alongside a dedicated cohort. Part time options are available for the PGDipICT and PGCertICT programmes only.
We work closely with student support services, Māori at Victoria and Pasifika at Victoria at Victoria University of Wellington to provide a welcoming and supportive environment for Māori and Pacific students. Whitireia offers support through the Pacific Community Liaison Team and Te Ariki Wi Neera for Māori students. WelTec has the Pasifika Centre and Te Whare Āwhina.
Currently, the Wellington ICT Graduate School does not offer any scholarships. However, we actively post all applicable funding opportunities via our news blog and social media channels. Be sure to follow our feeds to stay up-to-date.
Victoria University offer scholarships at postgraduate level based on a variety of criteria, check here to find out more.
Wellington ICT Graduate School programmes are also eligible for Study Link.
All fees are set by the respective tertiary organisation. All fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change each year.
For 2018 these are estimated below in NZD:
MSwDev – 180 points
MUXD – 180 points
MBusAn – 180 points
MDT – 180 points
MIT – 180 points
PGDipICT – 120 points
PGCertICT – 60 points
- Student Learning Support Services
- Disability Services
- Te Rōpū Āwhina (Māori and Pasifika Student Support)
- Te Putahiu Atawhai (Māori and Pasifika Student Support)
- Victoria International
- Financial Advice
- Vic Careers
- Whitireia – Māori Students
- Whitireia – Pasifika Students
- WelTec – Maori Student Support
- WelTec – Pasifika Student Support