As our world becomes increasingly digitally enabled, the boundaries of ICT become blurred and graduates with strong ICT skills are in demand more than ever.
The Wellington ICT Graduate School
The Wellington ICT Graduate School is a partnership between Victoria University of Wellington, WelTec and Whitireia, and has been established to set the standard for advanced ICT education in Wellington.
Students are able to engage with ICT firms, start-ups, and our tech ecosystem to develop talent, ideas and connections that can fuel growth, across the region and New Zealand.
Programmes have been designed with input from and engagement with industry, and combined with academic rigour our graduates are ready to be future leaders in this sector.
Wellington is the ideal place to study ICT
Wellington has a creative and innovative environment, with a significant digital, film, and gaming industry, and a strong start-up culture. While the ICT industry has been growing rapidly throughout New Zealand, nowhere has this growth been more pronounced than in Wellington.
With more than 13,000 full-time ICT jobs in the Wellington region, producing over a quarter of all NZ’s ICT related GDP, Wellington is the heart of ICT in New Zealand.
Find the right programme of study for you
Wellington’s ICT Graduate School programmes are delivered by Victoria University’s School of Information Management, School of Engineering and Computer Science, and School of Design, as well as WelTec and Whitireia:
- Master of Professional Business Analysis (MBusAn): Learn how to solve complex business problems using technology, processes and data. Dates: July 2017 — June 2018.
- Master of Software Development (MSwDev): Get the technical skills you need to work as a Software Developer. Dates: July 2017 — June 2018.
- Master of User Experience Design (MUXD): Become an ICT Professional in Interaction Design (IX) or User Experience (UX). Dates: July 2017 — June 2018.
- Master of Engineering Practice* (MEP): Increase your communication, problem-solving and enterprise skills. Graduate with the experience you need to get your first job in Engineering. Dates: November 2017 — October 2018.
- Master of Design Technology* (MDT): Become an ICT Professional in the realm of Visual Effects and Digital Design. Dates: March 2018— February 2019.
- Master of Information Technology* (MIT): Develop your career in IT through Master’s study, including work related credit, internships, projects and applied research in industry. Investigate leading IT developments. Dates: July 2017 — December 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Do I need to have a background in computer science or ICT to apply?
A. No technical skills? No problem. Your unique set of skills and experience are just as valuable as the technical skills you’ll learn with us. *Applicants for MEP, MDT or MIT, must have a degree or equivalent in a related subject with relevant work or professional experience.
Q. How are programmes taught?
A. You’ll start in the classroom and finish with real-world projects, graduating with a mix of theoretical understanding and practical experience. You’ll also be working directly with some of Wellington’s most innovative companies, learning the latest trends and practices while you study.
Q. What sort of job will I be able to get after I graduate?
A. Creative, challenging and well paying tech jobs are being created across all industries. There are plenty of different careers to choose from.
Are you ready to take the next step in your education? Book a session with our Academic Advisor today: